In this video, Andrey Shaiter will explain why different tools are needed and what characteristics of devices to pay attention to when choosing.
Today you can find tools that will come in handy both in repairs and for handmade work. It is far from always worth buying the most powerful device available. They usually weigh more and are harder to handle. However, light tools are not always suitable – they only cope with small jobs.
The main selection criterion is the power source. Devices are mains and rechargeable. The former are powered by an outlet and are designed for long-term use, the latter are battery powered and can be used anywhere. And battery solutions can have a single platform for different tools. One battery and charger fits multiple devices, which saves money and saves space.
Here’s what should be in the arsenal of a home master:
- Bulgarian. It’s also an angle grinder. Bulgarian is needed to work with stone, metal, concrete, brick and ceramic tiles. With it, you can cut, grind, polish and even clean off rust. When choosing a tool, you should pay attention to the diameter of the disk, the speed of rotation of the circle and the power. The depth of cut and the width of the working surface will depend on the diameter of the disc. Tools with a cutting wheel diameter of up to 125 mm are used for small jobs. And the cutting wheel diameter of 180 and 230 mm is suitable where you need to apply force – for example, to cut thick-walled metal pipes or concrete pillars.
- Electric jigsaw. Useful when working with wood, ceramics, plastic and composite materials, non-ferrous and ferrous metals. The jigsaw allows you to cut not only in a straight line, but also cut curly elements, so it is often used in carpentry. Consider the technical characteristics – stroke rate, depth of cut, the presence of a pendulum stroke and quick release of the file, as well as power.
- Drill driver. It is used both for drilling and for loosening or tightening various screws, screws, self-tapping screws or other fasteners. The device is designed to work with wood, soft metal, drywall and plastic. And if the drill driver is equipped with an impact function, it can drill holes, for example, in brick or concrete. It is worth choosing a tool based on the spindle speed, chuck torque and power.
- Measuring instruments. When assembling various structures, a ruler, square, protractor, caliper and plumb line will come in handy. A tape measure is needed to measure the right amount of material. It is more convenient when she has a hitchhiking, which allows you to fix the mark. A rangefinder will be required to measure a large distance using a laser beam or sound waves. When leveling floors and walls, a building level is needed – it will determine the deviation of the surface from the horizontal or vertical. For more accurate work on determining the height difference, a laser level with horizontal, vertical and cross lines is suitable.
- Hand tools. A hammer with a nail puller on the back of the head will help not only hammer in a nail, but also pull out a clogged one in the wrong direction. For plumbing and electrical work, pliers are needed – you can choose the option with insulated handles that will protect against electric shock. A screwdriver with a set of interchangeable nozzles will also come in handy. She will help out if you need to fix the furniture, but there is no way to get close to the screw with a screwdriver.
Remember the tips? Test your knowledge in the Telegram bot @ProkachayRemont_bot. Answer the questions and take part in the drawing of certificates for 10,000 rubles for purchases at Leroy Merlin. The repair tools contest will run until August 27th, with new questions available on August 28th.
You can choose high-quality tools at Leroy Merlin. In hypermarkets you will find grinders, jigsaws, screwdrivers and other equipment that will come in handy during repairs. You don’t have to spend too much – Leroy Merlin has affordable prices every day.Select power tools