Surprised? We are quite serious. Pasta is a great material for handmade. Why? Find out right now.
It is interesting Clean label: the new global nutrition trend – what it is
Why pasta is the perfect material for handmade
It’s amazing how versatile pasta is! As a food product, they can be both a separate dish, and its ingredient, and a side dish. And pasta is great for creativity!
Among the main benefits of pasta:
- Environmental friendliness. They are usually made from only two pure ingredients: flour and water.
- Variety of shapes: horns, shells, spirals, tubes, feathers, curls, snails, shells… In such an assortment you are sure to find the right option to realize your idea.
Both children and adults like to be creative with pasta. This is not surprising, because pasta is also called the budget version of LEGO designers. Pasta craft helps preschoolers and schoolchildren develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination, but for adults it’s a great way to relax. In addition, this is another cool idea for you to remember how to spend time with family and friends.
Pasta is an ideal eco-friendly material for creativity
How and how to color pasta
If the natural color of the pasta is not suitable for your design, it can be easily and safely changed.
Dilute the dye used to color eggs for Easter in a small amount of water and add a few drops of vinegar (for color stability). Dip the “details” to be painted into the solution and wait five minutes. Next, the colored pasta must be dried. Lay them out on cling film and move them occasionally so they don’t stick together and dry evenly.
Juice is better from bright vegetables, fruits or berries (beets, carrots, blueberries, blackberries, cherries) using a juicer, blender or grater. Natural juice does not work as fast as artificial colors, so leave the pasta in it for 30 to 40 minutes.
From spices that give a rich color (saffron, turmeric, barberry, etc.), prepare a decoction, let it cool and dip the pasta into it. The saturation of the color depends on the concentration of the decoction.
Do you want to make very bright pasta? Then you need acrylic paint. Dilute the desired color in a small amount of water and immerse the “details” in the solution for a few minutes. By the way, after drying, acrylic does not leave marks on the hands.
Sprays give an even color and have a rich palette. They can paint both pasta blanks and an already fully assembled composition.
You can get creative with pasta “Taya”
How to glue pasta
- PVA glue. It is absolutely harmless, but to keep the “details” if they are fixed on the base, for example, on cardboard. Great tool for applications.
- Double sided tape. Well fastens pasta, if they are again attached to cardboard or some dry, fat-free surface.
- Glue gun. To work with it, you need to practice so as not to leave smudges and glue stains on the pasta. The adhesive method securely fastens the “details”, so in this way you can create three-dimensional products.
- Super glue. The connection will be heavy-duty, but the glue dries instantly. Therefore, to work with him, you need good skills and coordination of movements.
What to make from pasta: 15 ideas for creativity
You can make anything from pasta, the main thing is fantasy. Enthusiasts create from such an unusual “constructor” from children’s accessories, applications and panels, to real masterpieces – decor elements, New Year’s decorations and sculptures. And such wide opportunities for creativity are especially relevant before the start of the school year. Often, labor education teachers ask schoolchildren to create something with their own hands. Therefore, we have prepared some examples of handmade pasta that will inspire you.
Read also How much pasta Ukrainians eat and how to choose a quality product
Panels and paintings from pasta
Pasta children’s decorations with their own hands
Christmas pasta decorations
Photo frames decorated with pasta
Decor elements made from pasta