To protect the child from harmful microbes and an allergic reaction to dust, toys should be cleaned periodically. There are two types of cleaning: dry and wet. How to carry them out and which one is better – read on.
Recommended A non-sour summer with Soplica: recipes for refreshing cocktails and a prize draw from Ukrainian bloggers
How to wash toys
Dry processing of toys does not require much effort. It can be carried out with a vacuum cleaner and a product that you will definitely find at home.
Dry cleaning can be done with soda / Photo Pinterest
Place the toy in the bag and sprinkle half a glass of soda on top. Tie it tightly and shake 3 – 5 minutes. After that, remove the toy from the bag, and sweep away the remaining soda along with the dust.
Starch can be used instead of soda.
A vacuum cleaner
A vacuum cleaner will also help you clean the toys from dust. Choose a special nozzle and reduce the power so as not to damage small parts.
For wet processing, we recommend using baby soap foam.
To clean toys from wool, lather a washcloth with soap and squeeze out excess liquid well. Gently wipe the felt toy, paying special attention to contaminated areas. After that, rinse off the remnants of the product with a damp cloth and let the toy dry in the fresh air.
Toys with small parts or filled with balls
How to wash toys with ball filling / Photo by Cleanipedia
Toys with attached small parts or ball filling require special cleaning. Fill a container with water, add baby shampoo and mix well. Scoop some foam with a washcloth, apply to the toy and rub well. Remaining detergent can be wash away with a damp cloth or terry towel.
If the toys are very dirty and you want to thoroughly clean them, hand or machine wash will help you. We tell you how to do them right.
Washing by hand
Soft toys are best washed by hand so as not to damage them / Photo Pinterest
Hand wash is perfect for small toys. Dial in capacity warm water, place the accessories there, rub them with baby detergent and leave for 10 minutes. For heavy soiling, use a brush. After cleaning, rinse the toys well in water. If there are no small parts on them, you can unscrew the excess liquidor lay out a towel and let it drain on its own.
To the topic Cleanliness for a long time: how to quickly and easily bleach kitchen towels
mechanical wash very tough / Pinterest photo
With mechanical washing, you need to be very careful, because it is usually harsher and can damage your toys. Before cleaning, carefully read the instructions on the label and these tips.
- Wash items with ball fillers in washing machines is strictly prohibited. The fabric may tear and the contents will ruin the machine.
- Musical toys, which have built-in mechanisms, also cannot be wetted. Before washing, carefully unzip them, pull out the details and fasten the fabric with a thread. After cleaning, insert the mechanism back and carefully sew it up.
- If on toys have oily spotsthey must be pre-treated with dish detergent or rubbing alcohol.
- Before washing place children’s accessories in special bagsso you save the toy and the washing machine.
- You can only wash soft toys baby detergentsusing the delicate mode.
- Install no spin mode. It can deform toys, that’s why after washing, they must be removed from the machine and left to drain.