It is important for novice nail service masters to choose the right machine for manicure and pedicure. On a high-quality device, you can learn faster and avoid mistakes. At first glance, home and salon appliances are similar from each other, although their cost is different. Consider what the differences are, and what you should pay attention to when choosing.
How the device works
Most of all, the device for manicure and pedicure resembles a classic boron machine. True, their purpose is different, as are the sizes. The manicure machine is much smaller. With the help of this device, the master does the same as with a classic trimmed manicure: removes the cuticle, rough skin, forms a nail. Only thanks to the machine, unlike scissors and tongs, the risk of injury is practically eliminated (with skillful use).
The machine for manicure and pedicure consists of the following elements:
- handle with a groove for fixing nozzles;
- electric motor;
- speed switch;
- power wires or battery compartment.
Depending on the brand and cost, the kit can be supplied various nozzles. They differ in the degree of influence and the principle of operation. A professional device is supplied without attachments (or with a minimum set), it is understood that the master himself will purchase everything necessary.
Expensive models can be supplied additional options, for example, a microvacuum cleaner for cleaning after the procedure. If the model is equipped with a dual mode of operation, then a pedal for switching the speed is supplied with the machine.
When the device is connected to the network, the electric motor rotates the nozzle at high speed (up to 60 thousand rpm). With gentle touches of the nozzle on the skin or nail, the master does his job: he cuts the nail, processes the rollers and cuticles.
Important! The speed varies depending on the selected tip and operation, however, be aware that high speeds cause the tip to heat up, which can cause burns.
Differences between home and salon devices
Before choosing a device for manicure and pedicure, you need to understand their specialization. All models can be conditionally divided into those that can be used at home, and those that professional masters work in the salon.
Automatic manicure machine for home use smaller, more compact and lighter its older model. Similar models are equipped with motors of lower power. This is done so that a user who does not have the skills of a master does not accidentally harm himself.
Home machines are usually do not accelerate more than 10,000 rpm. This is due to the aforementioned possibility of skin burns. However, with their help, you can cope with keratinized skin, calluses and cuticles. If you have the necessary nozzles, you can polish the surface of the nails, working through each bump or protrusion.
Most household appliances are powered by batteries or from a battery built into the case.. It is not difficult to master the use of such a machine, this can be learned in a short time.
- small price;
- compact size;
- all the necessary nozzles for manicure are included;
- work on such a machine is safe;
- no tangled wire.
- low quality nozzles;
- batteries run out quickly;
- inexpensive models are often equipped with a low-power motor;
- overheating is possible, because there is no built-in protection.
Unlike devices for beginners, professional devices significantly more powerful. Such a milling machine operates at 30,000-60,000 rpm. If nozzles are supplied in the kit, they are assembled from high-quality materials and are designed for a long service life. The cost of commercial models is much higher.
Important! Due to the high power, professional machines are more traumatic. It is worth slightly increasing the pressure — and the nail plate will be damaged.
- high turnover;
- the presence of a micro-vacuum cleaner for cleaning sawdust;
- often comes with a foot pedal;
- powerful and reliable electric motor with protection against overheating;
- the entire selection of nozzles available on the market is available for installation;
- You can process natural and artificial nails.
- the case of the device is inconvenient for carrying due to its size;
- increased noise and vibration;
- are very expensive;
- experience is needed.
Criterias of choice
A manicure cutter is chosen according to several of the most significant parameters. Before buying, you need to study all the features of the model you like.
Power and rotation speed
This is one of the most important parameters. The performance and quality of the work done will depend on this characteristic.
- For amateur cars, a power of 50 watts will be enough. The number of revolutions can vary up to 20,000 rpm.
- Commercial models have power from 60 to 100 watts. The rotation speed of the cutter must not be lower than 30,000 rpm.
Number and type of cutters
With nozzles, everything is quite simple. Even the most inexpensive models are often equipped with a basic set of cutters. It is best if there are 5-10 of them, this amount is enough for basic procedures.
The most necessary are:
- cuticle pusher;
- flat nozzle for working with hard areas of the skin, corns, corns;
- conical cutter of various coarseness for processing ingrown nails and especially coarse calluses;
- abrasive cutters for leveling the surface of the nail plate and giving it shine;
- large cylindrical nozzle for treating the nail during a pedicure;
- cleaning brush.
Important! Even if some attachments are not included in the kit, do not worry: you can always buy them in specialized stores.
Do not forget about the material of manufacture of cutters.
- Ceramic nozzles the safest. Their use is recommended for those who are just mastering the art of manicure. Abrasiveness is measured in microns from 100 to 400.
- Diamond cutters much stronger than ceramics, while their cost is slightly cheaper. They differ in the severity of the impact.
- Nozzles from silicone carbide. This is a polishing abrasive attribute. Suitable for both real and artificial nails.
Ergonomics and design
The aesthetic appearance and ergonomic properties of the handle and body are very important. The perception of the device depends on them, which can affect the mood of the master and, as a result, the quality of work. The cute design will please the eye. The bright color is eye-catching and the small size is easy to carry. The size of the handle and its shape should be comfortable, in the palm of your hand. It is important that the kit contains handle stand.
Which is better to buy a model, with advanced features, or without? Similar questions often arise when comparing and choosing. Many modern devices are equipped with a whole list of additional features of varying degrees of usefulness.
- Backlight. Dubious purchase. The option does not affect the procedure in any way, but its presence will definitely affect the price. A manicure is always done in good light, so a small lamp mounted on the handle is unlikely to contribute to the general lighting in the room.
- A vacuum cleaner. A very useful feature. With a vacuum cleaner, you can not worry that after the procedure there will be many pieces of skin and sawdust. All cut and polished material is easily removed using the built-in vacuum cleaner.
- Foot shifting. Almost all professional models (with rare exceptions) are equipped with a pedal. Switching between manual and foot mode is quite simple. The benefit of using the pedal is obvious. One of the most useful additional features.
- Cooling or built-in overheating protection. Often the electric motor has to work in 2 or 3 shifts. There is not always time to cool down, the client will not wait. If the case has a cooler or overheating protection, the master will not have to be distracted by checking the temperature. Such devices are more expensive, but last longer.
Selection tips for beginners and professionals
The machine for unedged manicure has a number of features that are not always obvious on first acquaintance. For beginners it is better to pay attention to the basic models intended for home use. In the absence of experience, you should not consider expensive professional devices. Commercial devices are more powerful, which means they are more dangerous to use. Home models already have a set of nozzles necessary for basic procedures. It is enough that the speed is 10,000-20,000 rpm.
Those who already have little experience in manicure procedures should take a closer look at more powerful home models. Motor power from 60 W and rotation speed up to 40 t.rpm. With such a device, you can start pedicure procedures.
Masters suitable for commercial models. They are more expensive, it is a significant investment of money, but it pays off due to the effectiveness of the procedures. Electric motor power up to 100 W, and rotation speed up to 60 00 rpm. If the user is confident in his abilities and knows what to do with the cutters without fear of injuring the client, this power will be optimal.
Overview of the best manufacturers
The leading positions among manufacturers of beauty equipment are occupied by the following companies.
- Beurer. Needs no introduction. High-quality equipment of factory assembly at a reasonable price. Most models come with sturdy cases and a basic set of attachments.
- Polaris. A popular brand with a positive history. Cars from Polaris are simple and unpretentious. Electric motors last a long time, handles are equipped with a good mount with the ability to quickly change cutters.
- Strong. Excellent manufacturer. All lines of manicure machines have good power and a high degree of reliability. In basic models there is a set of 5-10 nozzles.
- Rowenta. There are a number of home manicure machines. Low cost, good recognition and acceptable quality are the distinguishing features of this brand.
- School. One of the leading manufacturers of manicure equipment. Professional assembly, excellent quality of components, high-quality nozzle material. A distinctive feature is the ergonomic handle and the presence of latches in most professional models.
The price range of machines is huge: budget models for beginners and premium models for experienced craftsmen.
- basic options up to 1000 rubles. with a minimum of functions;
- up to 6000 rub. models with diamond nozzles, more powerful than starting ones (up to 30 W).
- mobile manicure, fits into the range from 6 to 20 thousand rubles. (batteries must be purchased separately)
- low-power commercial devices with a rotation speed of up to 30,000 rpm, the price is 13-25 thousand rubles;
- a commercial device of medium power (40-60 tons rpm) costs up to 40 thousand rubles;
- All-in-one devices of maximum power can reach up to 80-100 thousand rubles in their cost.
Below is the cost of cutters.
- Ceramics costs in the range of 300-400 rubles per unit.
- Diamond cutter from 150 rubles.
- Solid nozzles are sold for 450 rubles. for one unit.
- An abrasive cap that requires the most frequent replacement can be purchased from 40 rubles apiece. It will be necessary to purchase a nozzle for 200-250 rubles to it.
The choice of a manicure and pedicure machine largely depends on the skills and experience of the user. The main thing is to clearly define your needs and not overpay for unnecessary options. At the beginning of the study of manicure, a home model at an average price will suffice. Masters will need more powerful equipment. Manicure machines are at the peak of popularity: they are used at home and in salons, and manufacturers offer more and more advanced models.