It is very important to monitor the appearance and health of nails. Even if it is not possible to visit the salon, you can do a manicure at home with a machine. It is convenient, fast and economical. To achieve the best result, you need a quality machine and a desire to learn how to work with it. Consider how to carry out procedures without leaving your home.
The principle of operation of the device
Before using a manicure machine, you need to familiarize yourself with its device. Outwardly, the device quite strongly resembles a compact dental machine, so it can cause bad associations. You should not be afraid: having gained experience, a couple of minutes will be spent on one nail at most, and unpleasant comparisons will remain in the past!
The case of the device is a plastic block with an electric motor inside. A handle is connected to it on a long wire with a plug at the end. Various nozzles and discs are inserted into the handle. With the help of nozzles, you can properly grind, grind off, or cut off the nail plate. Horny skin, calluses and corns are removed quickly and painlessly.
Hardware manicure is performed cuticle removal. Unlike a cutting machine, a manicure machine does it neatly and not traumatically. However, additional cutters may be required to complete the procedure.
Important! The device can be powered from a wall outlet, but there are battery-powered models. The first option will be easier to use.
There are several buttons on the body of the device. Their purpose is quite easy to recognize by signatures or pictograms symbolizing a specific function. The biggest one is power button: it is responsible for activating the device. The cutter speed is adjusted with a wheel. The direction of rotation does not switch automatically, so there are corresponding switches on the housing, forward and reverse. There are models with switching foot and manual modes: F and H, respectively.
Nozzles for hardware manicure and pedicure
You can work with a manicure machine using nozzles for various purposes. Consider the most popular types of nozzles.
- Nozzle-disc with a high degree of abrasiveness large diameter used to remove the top, hard layer on the finger. High abrasiveness is necessary to work with keratinized texture.
- Cone-shaped nozzle with the largest diameter used to eliminate coarsened, hard areas of the skin, polishing old corns and other irregularities (convex).
- Spatula nozzle serves to push back the cuticle for its subsequent removal.
- Medium Cone Nozzle necessary for the treatment of an ingrown nail and for removing a manicure.
- nozzle cylinder used for filing the edge of the nail.
- Nozzles with different levels of abrasive properties help to polish the nail plate and remove irregularities.
- soft nozzle also used for polishing the surface of the nail plate, only the purpose of polishing is to give shine.
- abrasive ball quickly and effectively cleans the side rollers.
- The thinnest nozzle-cylinder serves to form the edge of the nail plate along the edges.
In addition to the listed classification, nozzles are divided according to the material from which they are made.
- Ceramics. The degree of abrasive properties can vary greatly, from negligible to high. Most often used for polishing the upper surface of the nail. An additional area of application is the side roller.
- Diamond. They are used to work with hardened areas of the skin. The most durable type of nozzles.
- Silicone. Gentle polishing of the upper surface of the nail plate. Using a silicone nozzle, you can easily remove slight roughness and yellow deposits that form on the plate.
- Suede leather. Grinding of varying degrees of intensity.
- Cotton. With this material, you can process nails, making them smoother and shiny.
- Felt. The main purpose is cleaning. After processing, there are many small pieces of skin and nails that must be collected and disposed of.
Important! To avoid injury, you should use each nozzle and cutter for its intended purpose. If the processing technology is followed, the risk of getting wounds is practically reduced to zero.
What cutters are needed for manicure at home
Beginners are advised to buy silicone tips: they are the safest. Silicone makes it possible to feel the degree of pressure on the ribbed surface of the nail. With it, it is easier to learn the correct fixation and angle of inclination. Having trained on this group of nozzles, you can move on to harder ones.
To carry out the procedure at home, a minimum set of cutters is required and it is better if it comes with diamond tip. It works great on thin cuticles. The cost of this type of cutter is quite high, as is its effectiveness. In order not to go broke on consumables, it is better to purchase two diamond cone cutters of different diameters.
To save money, you can ceramic cuttersmoreover, their use is less traumatic. During processing, ceramics do not heat up, so the risk of skin burns is minimized.
Advice! It is better to have at least 4 types of cutters on hand for coarse and fine processing of the nail plate.
It is very important to pay attention to before purchasing product labeling. Each cutter has a corresponding strip that indicates the degree of its abrasiveness. Red marks the product with minimal properties, blue — the average degree of abrasiveness.
Preparing for a manicure
So, the apparatus and nozzles have been purchased, it remains to complete all the necessary preparations.
- Nails must be well dried. If the surface is wet, it will lead to heat and unpleasant sensations during processing. The quality of processing itself will deteriorate significantly.
- In customizable devices, you should set the speed to 10,000. If this threshold is exceeded out of habit, you can damage the nail. In the absence of experience in the degree of pressure during processing, it is better to work at low speeds.
- Before starting the procedure cuticles need to be softened special solution.
- It is necessary to process cutters shortly before starting work.
- Before the procedure, you should completely remove the old gel polish and degrease the surface of the nail.
- Strong pressure or pressing with a machine on the surface of the nail is not allowed. It is better to get silicone nozzles and use them for the first time.
- Before starting the procedure, make sure that you have a disinfectant on hand.
- It is necessary to lay out all the attachments in a convenient place and think in advance how the workspace will be cleaned and the device will be cleaned after the procedure is completed.
How to do a manicure: step by step instructions
Manicure is done in stages.
- The cuticle is pushed back in the area of the nail hole. For this, an ordinary orange wooden stick is used. It is necessary to work with great care, there is a high probability of injury, because the cuticle area is very delicate.
- Along the lateral line the use of a drum of medium hardness is allowed. It is important to be able to listen to your own feelings. If a very small layer is removed, then the nozzle can be replaced with a coarser one.
- Fingers and palms must be cleaned of the dead layer of the epidermis. For this, a spherical nozzle (boron) with a soft degree of abrasiveness is used.
- Further the nail plate is given the necessary shape. This is done using a cylindrical or trapezoidal cutter. Pay attention to the height of the nail plate: at least 2 mm, even with short nails.
- Once the surface has been formed, start polishing. This is one of the most time-consuming stages of manicure, requiring care and experience. It is contraindicated to bring the edge of the polisher to the surface of the nail. As a result, you can severely scratch its surface. The polish must be in motion, it is not recommended to linger in one place for more than a second.
- The last stage is cleaning of nail dust and skin residues. The treated areas are lubricated with oil. To relieve stress after treatment, you can carry out a light self-massage of the palms and fingers, which will help absorb the oil.
Important! If a coating is planned, then the surface of the nail should be degreased before the procedure.
Tips for beginners
Manicure skills can be mastered independently. Learning a craft is better and faster under the guidance of an experienced specialist.
- In the absence of experience and self-confidence, you can attend nail service courses or individual master classes.
- Use video tutorials: no need to leave the house, you can pause the video at any time, or review an incomprehensible place.
- Select the correct cutters for the respective procedures.
- Let the machine rest periodically to prevent overheating.
- Shellac removal should be done with the utmost care.
- You should not save on a typewriter: the quality of an electric motor in budget models can be noticeably inferior to higher-quality counterparts.
- During training, you should avoid sudden movements, accustoming your brush to move smoothly, without pressing on the surface of the nail;
- It is important to remember that even experienced specialists avoid long work at high speeds: let the degree of removal be low, but the texture will remain intact and unspoiled.
Be patient: not everyone succeeds in mastering the procedure the first time, it is quite normal to make mistakes at the initial stage.
Like mastering any skill, the art of manicure takes time and patience. Some nuances become clear only with experience, it is impossible to read about them or see them in a video tutorial. However, the end result is definitely worth the effort! Properly done manicure pleases the eye, attracts attention. The varnish applied to such a manicure lasts a long time and looks very neat. Healthy and well-groomed hands are a wonderful element of the image of a modern woman.